Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Simple Question Project - Roger

I have a chalkboard sitting in front of my studio with a question on it. That question is meant to start a conversation, and at the very least make people think. The question has been outside for 4 days now. I just had my first person come in to inquire.

Roger: Is this serious?
Me: Yes, I want to know what your dream job is. If you could have any job in the world and money was no option, what would it be?
Roger: I would like to take all these empty buildings and make them into housing for single women and mothers.
Me: So almost like a housing developer?

This started the conversation of how when he was younger he wasn't to ask his parents for money but went out and worked for it, weather it be a newspaper route, raking hay, painting houses, raking blueberries. He worked for any money he needed/wanted. And his opinion of this ask and you shall receive mentality of the younger generation is leading to no where good.

I then asked Roger if I could take his portrait. He agreed. With this, I have the start to my simple question project. Meet Roger.

No comments:

Post a Comment