Thursday, September 18, 2014

Simple Question Project - Gordon

So I started this project one day after three unexpected people stopped into the studio. Originally I thought I would like to photograph each person who came in, however seeing as many people may be put off by that idea, word would travel "She's the girl that takes your picture upon entry", then I would have no visitors, I soon revised my idea. I also wanted a story behind each of my visitors. So I came up with a (in my mind) simple question, "What is your dream job?".

For the dreamer that I am this is an easy question for me to answer. It is also a question that was asked of me during an interview almost two years ago, and one that I have since asked a handful of people. It is a question that after I honestly answered for myself started to solidify my plans to open the studio. Would you care to guess what my dream job is?

Gordon was one of my unexpected visitors the day this project was born. A sweet, simple older man, Gordon was a regular at the Pharmacy I managed before coming to the studio full-time. He is now a regular to the studio stopping in most every day to say "hello" and get a hug.

When asked "What is your dream job?" His reply was simple, to work at the new inn across the bridge as either a dishwasher or maintenance, doing odd jobs. Everyone has dreams, I am hoping I can help to make Gordon's come true, even if just for a day.

Gordon - Dishwasher, Maintenance Man

No comments:

Post a Comment