Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Simple Question Project • Carmen

I was wrapping up for the day at the studio when Carmen walked in. She asked "Is this for real?" I replied "It sure is!"

So I explained to her the question, if money was no option, what would your dream job be, it could be anything?

Her response was that she would like to work in Social Services and be able to give back to the community. She explained that as a 60 year old she has turned her life around from selling her jewelry for drug money to getting clean, moving to Maine and receiving her Bachelor's degree from USM with the goal to go for her Master's.

Carmen - Social Services

I could have talked with Carmen for a while and learn more about her journey, however another commitment called, I hope that she stops in again and fills me in with her progress. I really enjoy the conversations and stories I hear from this simple question project. With the summer pretty much here (better be by now!) I hope to get many more responses this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment