Sunday, March 30, 2014

Miss Alexa • Easter Shoot

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of photographing little Miss Alexa. I had met her grandmother about a month prior while getting my nails done. She had previously gone to Sears and was upset that there wasn't anywhere to go for portraits anymore. I told her that I actually used to work for the Sears Studios for about 6 years before they closed, and actually trained the one photographer she liked to go to. Needless to say, she took one of my cards & booked a shoot! A little networking goes a long way :-)

I took my gear and some fun new backgrounds to her great grandmothers home in Auburn where we had the shoot, and I had so much fun with it! Alexa was super friendly and I was able to get natural smiles easily. I think the fact that we are both blue-eyed-red-heads means that we connected on some other plane :-p

I'm glad I found this fabric at Joann's -- I think it makes a really fun backdrop!


I had so much fun with Miss Alexa and cannot wait for her next shoot! She had a mind of her own and made the portraits fun, for instance her grandmother & great grandmother REALLY wanted a portrait of her in her Easter hat, well Alexa had other ideas. We were able to get a few cute ones, like the one below, she is just too silly, look at all that mischief in her eyes. 


Alexa's shoot was also my first shoot (since I worked at SPS) where I did an in-person sales presentation. It was a learning experience and I look forward to the next time I do one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment